Tutoring services are a FREE peer facilitated drop-in resource that will guide learning and promote success. Drop-in tutoring means no appointment necessary, you show up to the location that works for you, and the tutor will be available. There is no limit on how many times you can access the ASCC peer tutoring services.
What to expect from your tutoring session:
- Reinforce or clarify course content.
- Suggestions for learning past or new material.
- Review and discuss questions regarding course content.
- Fill in the missing gaps of your learning.
What not to expect from your tutoring session:
- The tutor will NOT do your work for you.
- You should NOT expect a tutor to cram with you the day before a test or exam.
- Tutors are not the professor.
- A tutor cannot guarantee you a high grade.
- A tutor should not replace your own hard work and preparation.
How to make the most of your tutoring session:
- Come prepared; bring your book, notes and previous exams!
- Plan ahead and do not wait until the last minute.
- Bring specific questions to the tutoring session
- Attend consistently, build tutoring into your weekly schedule like a class.
- Actively participate in your tutoring session. Ask questions, it’s the best way to learn!
- Know that the tutor cannot do your homework or exams.
- Review what you have covered in the tutoring session soon after the session has ended. This will reinforce what you have learned.
Request a Tutor:
The peer tutor request form should only be filled out if the ASCC tutoring does not already have a tutor available for a course or if the tutor’s availability does not fit into the student’s academic schedule.
- The ASCC will do their best to work with the current tutors on staff to adjust their tutoring schedule as needed.
- Requests are processed in the order submitted to the ASCC.
- Tutor requests may go unfulfilled if the ASCC is unable to recruit a suitable tutor for the course you are requesting and/or if they are unable to hire and train a tutor in a reasonable time frame before the semester ends.
- We will communicate with you via your WSU email, so please make sure you are checking your email on your request for a tutor submission.