Available to all undergraduate students, the primary focus of individualized coaching sessions is to work with you surrounding educational, personal, and professional growth in areas such as Time Management, Learning Strategies, Notetaking, Testing, Motivation, and Procrastination. Our program recognizes the dedication required to perform within university settings and seeks to offer support in rigorous learning environments.
Popular Coaching Topics:
- Time Management: Offerings including scheduling/calendar development, and semester mapping.
- Prioritization: Exploring methods for organizing commitments and responsibilities and establishing avenues for gauging the impact of assignments/activities.
- Learning Strategies: Diving into the differences between studying and learning, developing study skills, discussing learning styles, and investigating the impact of study environments.
- Note-Taking: Examination of implementing a variety of approaches, discussion of tools and resources, as well as information about the topic of active listening.
- Goal-Setting: Utilization of tools such as concept mapping, vision boarding, and long-term/short-term goal setting.
- Motivation and Procrastination: Suggestions surrounding strategies, tips, and helpful resources
To make an appointment, please call (509) 335-6000 or, schedule online or stop by the front desk at the Academic Success and Career Center.