Handshake for Alumni
WSU switched to the Handshake platform in 2017. We welcome any alumni to join the platform as well and take advantage of the capabilities it has to offer. You can sign up for a free account by going to
We understand that as an alumni you probably don’t have access to your wsu.edu email. When you go to the sign in screen, it will prompt you to sign in with your wsu.edu email. Click on the “No Account? Sign up Here.” in the top right corner.
Select a Student account.
Fill out the appropriate information.
This will send a request to the student employment coordinator, who will verify your alumni status and give you access to the jobs on Handshake. Our office may contact you by email if we can’t verify you in the system.
Some useful Handshake Features
- Networking – reach out to other Cougs and hiring employers
- Document Storage– Resumes, cover letters, transcripts, reference letters.
- Alumni Networking Events – check the “events” section for gatherings in your area.
- Employer Reviews – Share your work experiences and interview tips from previous employers
- Attend our Career Fairs – research registered employers ahead of time
Call the student employment coordinator at 509-335-6634