WSU Career Expos for Employers
The WSU Career Expos are bi-annual events hosted by the Academic Success and Career Center every Fall and Spring semester. These events aim to connect WSU candidates with our employer partners and their full-time jobs or internships. The WSU Career Expo events are hosted virtually, via the Handshake Platform, and in-person on the Pullman campus at Beasley Coliseum. Employers and students have the option of participating in either in-person, virtual events, or at both events (hybrid).
Fall 2022 Employer Registration is now closed. See you all at the Career Expos!
Virtual Career Expo and Technical Fair
Monday, October 3, 2022
Hybrid Career Expo and Technical Fair
Monday, October 3, 2022 | 3:00- 6:00 pm PST
In-Person Career Expo and Technical Fair
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Hybrid and In-person capacity has been reached when there are no more available registration types. The best next step is registering for the virtual Career Expo on October 3 via the Handshake platform. There is no employer capacity for the virtual platform.
- You can request to be added to the In-person waitlist as a first-come, first-served request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Company name, the name of the primary contact, and the main contact’s email address with your message.
- IMPORTANT: Being waitlisted does not guarantee that you have secured a table at the WSU Career Expo. Please do not plan to travel to the Expo unless the WSU career team has confirmed that registration is available and forwarded an updated invoice.
Planning for the In-Person Expo:
- The in-person fair in Beasley Coliseum will follow any up-to-date CDC and Washington State COVID-19 guidelines. Please note any updates in ASCC communications.
- Please arrive at the designated check-in times and locations. Details will be emailed out to registered employers only.
- The standard in-person registration includes:
– One 8-ft table with table linen, two chairs.
– Lunch for two recruiters
– One parking pass
– Wireless internet, receipt, and storage of pre-shipped display materials
– One table for optional student interviewing the following day.
- Additional representative registrations, lunches, and parking passes are available at additional costs. Please communicate any updates to email@example.com no later than two weeks before the event.
- Your team needs to send it to the address listed in our communication. Beasley gets those containers and will place them at the appropriate tables once we have assignments for him.
Displays and recruiting materials may be shipped to the Beasley Coliseum in advance of your arrival.
- Materials should be shipped to:
- Your Organization Name
- Beasley Coliseum
- Attn: Shawn S. Paulson
- Washington State University
- 925 NE Fairway Road
- Pullman, WA 99164-1710
- Materials must be clearly marked with both your organization name and WSU Career Expo. It is important that you allow for an extra delivery day, as all campus mail is received by Central Receiving and then delivered around campus. As long as your material is labeled correctly, it will be at your booth when you arrive at the event.
- The Career Expo will schedule a pick-up by FedEx Express (not FedEx Ground) on the day of Expo. All materials must be appropriately packaged, and all return paperwork (billing information or account number) must be complete on your shipping label. Please bring your own shipping material; we will not have any on hand. When packaged, please bring all material to be shipped back to the employer registration table (the north end of the coliseum). Please refrain from bringing materials before 3:00, when the expo ends.
- If you would like to use another carrier, you MUST make your own arrangements. Please schedule a pick-up at the north entrance of Beasley Coliseum by 4:00 pm on the day of the expo.
- For shipping back, we will have two areas for Shipping Drop-Offs. Employers can leave their shipped items, and Fed Ex will come to pick them up the next day. We do not do anything with UPS. If you coordinate with UPS, you must make your own arrangements.
Hotels in Pullman, Washington
- Hilltop Inn 928 NW Olsen St, (509) 332-0928
- Holiday Inn Express 1190 SE Bishop Blvd, (509) 334-4437
- Quality Inn – Paradise Creek 1400 SE Bishop Blvd, (509) 332-0500
- Residence Inn Marriott 1255 NE North Fairwood Rd, (509) 332-4400
Hotels in Moscow, Idaho
- The Best Western Plus University Innis offers a discount for recruiters attending the University of Idaho or WSU Career Fairs. Government rates are available with valid identification as well (please call the hotel directly at 208/882-0550).
- The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to/from both Career Fair sites. A complimentary daily hot breakfast, free wireless internet service, on-site restaurant/lounge, and in-room Keurig coffee makers are also offered. For additional information, please visit www.uinnmoscow.com
- To make reservations prior to August 21, 2022: Reservation Link
- Please make reservations directly with the above link or by calling the hotel directly at 208/882-0550 as the travel websites and Best Western International reservations will not have information regarding our group.
- AFTER August 21st, or if the Career Fair rate is showing unavailable, please call (208) 882-0550 and mention the Career Fair. The Career Fair must be mentioned to receive the special rate.
Planning for the Virtual Expo on Handshake:
- Once on Handshake, please select your registration type, either “Virtual” or “Hybrid”.
- Once registered, company teams need to set up virtual ten-minute 1:1 sessions and/or 30-minute group sessions. Create employer schedules as soon as your representatives have been identified. Career Fair registration will open to students shortly after employer registration opens.
- We recommend having just 2-4 representatives participate in the event’s totality. For a 3-hour event, for example, one representative could technically host up to eighteenth back-to-back 1:1 sessions or Six back-to-back 30-minute sessions (without a break).
- We recommend that representatives plan for breaks between 1:1 or group sessions and indicate that in their fair schedule.
- We recommend your teams engage with the WSU student leading up to your WSU visit. For more information on how to engage with WSU before and after the fairs, click here.
Helpful Handshake Guides for Employers:
- Help Video: Webinar on Feature with employer-centered Q and A
- Help Article: Overview of Employer Scheduling
- Help Article: Video Requirements for Employers at Virtual Fairs
- Help Article: Schedule Management
- Help Article: Creating a Schedule for Virtual Fairs
- Help Guide: Getting Started With Handshake: Employers
- Help Guide: Virtual Fairs in Handshake: A Guide for Employers
- Help Guide: Virtual Recruiting Features Details
- Help Guide: Employer Help Center
Promoting Your Company Visit at WSU:
We greatly value your partnership and look forward to connecting you with our students this season. Please let us know if you would be interested in holding a recruitment or networking event for students. Information sessions, workshops, resume reviews, and panel sessions are great ways to engage with students interested in your company’s opportunities. For more information on how to engage with WSU before and after the fairs, click here.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.