What is Peace Corps Prep at WSU?
If you are interested in serving in the Peace Corps after graduation, the Peace Corps Prep certificate program is designed just for you! The Academic Success and Career Center (ASCC) and the Office of International Programs (IP) Peace Corps Prep combines academic coursework, hands-on experience, intercultural skills, and leadership development to enable you to be a strong applicant for the Peace Corps service area that fits your interests and skills, as well as enables you to earn WSU’s Global Leadership Certificate!
Peace Corps Prep will help you develop a perspective and acquire the skills needed to achieve success as a leader serving in communities abroad. As a Peace Corps Prep participant, you will have the opportunity to develop your foreign language skills, gain leadership, and professional development experience. Although participation in the Peace Corps Prep certificate orogram does not guarantee that you will be accepted for Peace Corps service, the specialized academic coursework and service experience will make you a very strong candidate.
Click here to learn more about Peace Corps Prep
Why should I participate in Peace Corps Prep?
- Prepare yourself to make a difference in the world!
- Gain competitive professional development and valuable career skills
- Have an opportunity to serve communities at home and abroad
- Identify yourself as a global leader
- Earn a Peace Corps Prep certificate from the Peace Corps
- Have an opportunity to earn WSU’s Global Leadership Certificate
What do I need to do?
- Read the Peace Corps Prep Student Guide
- Speak with people who you know and your global interests, such as:
- Apply! Search for Peace Corps Prep under “Program Enrollment” and begin!
Additional Questions? Please Contact:
Jacob Babb, Advisor
Global Learning, International Programs
Washington State University