Our Industry Tours provide an opportunity for you to network with large corporations by getting an in-depth tour of companies like Amazon, F5, AT&T, EMC Isilon, and much more!
CougsFirst! Seattle 2018
The 2018 CougsFirst! Seattle trade show offered students an opportunity to visit and meet with industry leaders and tour their facilities. This year, students got a first-hand look at the campuses and facilities of Starbucks, McKinstry, T-Mobile, and Payscale.
Seattle Industry Tour
Here are some comments from our past industry tour students:
- “Talking to people that actually work in the industry gave me valuable insight into my future career.”
- “Talking to professionals, hearing their ideas on future of jobs, working environments, etc. Everything on the tour was very valuable.”
- “I loved touring facilities and seeing where people actually work.”
- “Having one-on-one conversations with professionals from these corporations was a very valuable experience for me.”
Industry tours are held every Fall and Spring semester. Stay tuned for additional information!
Spokane Industry Tour
The ASCC and the College of Arts and Sciences collaborated to provide students with a broad view of a myriad of health-science related career and internship opportunities. Nineteen students took advantage of the first-ever WSU Health Sciences Industry Tour in Spokane Monday and Tuesday of Spring Break, March 16 and 17. Highlights for those attending included the eye-opening experience of seeing just how many options are out there and the chance to personally network with students and employers. Evaluative outcomes were positive as well–100% agreed or strongly agreed that the tour helped them understand various work cultures and work environments and 89% would recommend the tour to assist other students in their own professional development, job and internship searches.
- “I enjoyed every aspect of this experience.”
- “The most valuable part for me was to get inside the organizations and meet the people that work there so I could network better now.”
- “There were a large variety of specifications in each field.”
- “I enjoyed getting to talk to employers and ask questions about their educational background and workplace environment.”