Once you register, you will get an email from Handshake allowing you to build your schedule. Ensure you have your entire team lined out, as you will only be able to set your line-up once.
You can construct your day with
- 10 minutes
- Student requirements can be set (major, school year, etc.)
- Make yourself unavailable for times you don’t want to meet students (breaks, etc.)
- 30 minutes
- Open to any students
- Capped at 50 participants
We ran a test expo, here are some things we learned:
- You are allowed to go over the ten minute time limit. If you think you will, make yourself unavailable every other time slot.
- Students can sign up for an open time slot 5 minutes before it starts. A notification appears on your schedule home screen that your schedule has changed.
- The group session defaults to whoever is making any noise. We recommend asking them to mute themselves until the Q & A.
- Group sessions do not allow for virtual backgrounds.
- Chrome works the best as the internet browser
- Students can sign up for a slot up to 5 minutes before the start. Recruiters will receive a notification to refresh their pages their schedule has changed.
- The 10-minute one-on-one sessions go by very quickly (both our alumni and students said this), so it would be good to remind recruiters/representatives that they can view the Handshake profiles of each student on their schedule ahead of time to already have a bit of background on them – This would also mean reminding students to have their profiles completed and updated (we’ve been doing an email and social media campaign to help students get to 100%)
- Be ready to exchange contact information early on, either through the chat or via email.
- There is a one-minute warning that both the student and recruiter/rep sees before the session ends.