Career Expo Student Information
Prepare to speak with employers about jobs and internships.
The Career Expo is an opportunity for you to present yourself professionally to a potential employer. Once per semester, employers come to recruit students of all majors for open internships and full-time opportunities. Many of these interactions result in follow-up interviews!
When is the Next Career Expo?
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
The event is available on Handshake.
How to Prepare for Career Expo
The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow-up. Here is a checklist to help you get prepared:
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake
- Attend career workshops offered through the ASCC prior to the fair
- Have your resume reviewed during ASCC drop in hours Monday-Friday 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. in Lighty 180
- Prepare your 30 second introduction
- Make sure you have a suit, padfolio, and several copies of your resume
- Ask employers for their business cards at the career fair so you can follow up with thank-you notes.
Career Expo Associated Events
There are several other events and opportunities to network with employers on-campus and prepare for the Career Expo. Be sure to attend as many of these events as you can!
—The list of Fall 2018 Associated Events will be posted in the summer of 2018. In the meantime, look on Handshake to view other career events.—
Other Ways to Prepare for Career Fairs
Still need some help? Consider making an appointment with a Career Counselor to discuss your questions. You can schedule an appointment on Handshake. A Career Counselor can help you map out your 30-second introduction, practice approaching employers, or perform a mock interview.