Now accepting Peer Tutor Applications through March 9th, 2018!
The Academic Success and Career Center tutoring programs hiring process:
- Apply on Handshake for the Peer Tutor Position
- Submit your Resume and Cover Letter
- In-person Interviews will be held March 19-30, 2018.
- All applicants will be notified of their status the beginning of April, 2018.
**The forms are required portions of the tutor application process if you are selected for an interview and can be acquired electronically by links provided. However, these forms must be printed out and completed and then turned in to the Academic Success and Career Center in Lighty 180.
International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC)
ITTPC certifies tutor training programs in post-secondary educational institutions. (Note: ITPC doesn’t certify tutors.) ITPC authorizes the certified tutor training programs to certify that the tutors have met the approved ITPC tutor training program requirements. ITTPC has been recognized and endorsed by the Council of Learning Assistance and Developmental Education Associations (CLADEA) and its member organizations:
- ATP: Association for the Tutoring Profession
- CRLA: College Reading & Learning Association
- NADE: National Association for Developmental Education
- NCLCA: National College Learning Center Association
- NCDE: National Center for Developmental Education
CRLA’s certified programs include post-secondary institutions in five other countries:
- More than 860 programs, mostly in the United States, 2 in the US in Puerto Rico.
- Other countries include the following:
- Australia (1)
- Canada (17)
- Japan (1)
- Greece (1)
- Nicaragua (1)